The X-Protect feature enhances durability and preserves that out-of-the-box effortless rotation by utilizing a labyrinth construction that channels water away from key internal components, combined with a water repellant coating. Housing the Ocea Jigger’s internal components is a compact aluminum frame that is both lightweight and easily palmable, putting unparalleled fish fighting power in a package that is comfortable to use and will reduce angler fatigue during long jigging sessions.
- Two position adjustable long crank handle offers all day jigging comfort
- Exciting drag sound allows anglers to know when they are in jeopardy of pulling hooks or breaking off
- Auto-Clutch return to easily bring the reel in and out of freespool and react quickly to bites
- Spool lock allows anglers to more safely break off when they snag bottom
- New trouble free drag star design which allows for easy adjustment
- EI coating on the spool surface in order to prevent corrosion
- HG and PG gear ratios to properly pair with various jigging styles
- Shimano’s best-in-class S-ARB bearings to provide long lasting performance
Shimano Technology Found In Shimano Ocea Jigger Star Drag Conventional Reels:
- Hagane Body – A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it’s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Micro Module Gear – State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- Infinity Drive – Through the use of new main shaft supporting structure to eliminate friction within the pinion gear, reels with Infinity Drive achieve increased winding torque, along with an incredibly smooth and light rotation under heavy loads.
- Exciting Drag Sound – Produces an audible drag sound to provide the angler with better feedback when a fish makes a run.
- S A-RB Bearings – These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- E.I. – Shimano’s proprietary treatment on the spool and body that allows for advanced corrosion resistance that’s more than twice as effective as the conventional surface treatment.
- X-Protect – By combining a water repellant coating and a specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without adding weight or sacrificing light rotor rotation.