As to be expected from any reel in the Curado family, these reels offer a plethora of proprietary Shimano tech that make it one of the most feature rich reels in its class. The use of Shimano’s fine toothed MicroModule Gear allows for a buttery smooth retrieve that stands the test of time, while the SVS Infinity Braking system offers a wide range of adjustment to help you dial in the perfect cast regardless of conditions.
Shimano Technology Found In Curado MGL 70 K Baitcasting Reels:
- Hagane Body – A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler?s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It?s efficiency through strength.
- MGL II Spool – Lightweight spool design significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing the angler to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wide variety of lures.
- MicroModule Gear – State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- SVS Infinity – Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- Cross Carbon Drag – Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- X-Ship – By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) – S3D Technology utilizes a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum spool to significantly reduce spool vibration and increase smoothness when casting and retrieving.
- Super Free Spool – SFS was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- S A-RB Bearings – These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano?s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing?s rotation.